Ir al contenido principal

Where to use present perfect?


 We use present perfect in different situations

  1. Unfinished actions that started in the past and continued to the present(use since and for)

We use since with a fixed time in the past (2004, aoril 23rd, last year).
We use for with a period of time (3 houers, two years, sic months)

    • I've known Karen sicne 1994.
    • She's lived om London for three years
    • I've worked here for six months
    • I've lived in this city for 3 years
    • I've known her for 6 years
      2.  Experience up to the present use ever and never

    • I have never been to France
    • I've seen thah film before
    • He has written three books and he is working on another one.
    • She's the most beatiful girl I've ever seen
    • Have you ever met Jack? Yes, bit I'venever met his wife
       3. A repeated action in an unspecified period between the past and now

    • We have visited France several times
    • I've traveled to England 3 times
    • We have tried that restaurant many times
    • They have seen that film six times             

     4. A finished action with a result in the present

    • I´ve lost my keys
    • (so I can't get into my house)
    • She's hurt her leg    
    • (so she can't play tennis today)
    • They've missed the bus
    • (so they will be late)
    • The children have made a mess in the kitchen
    • (so the kitchen is messy and it neeeds cleaning)
      5 .  something that happened recently, even if there ins't a clear result in the present (just / yet /already, recently)

    • The Queen ha sgiven a speech
    • I've just seen Lucy
    • The Mayor has announced a new plan for railways
You CANNOT use the present perfectwith specific time expressions such as yesterday, one year ago, 3 months ago















Comentarios